The Puget Sound Region is offering to host both a men’s and women’s Power League Series for the 2010 season. A minimum of 8 teams must be registered for each gender in order for the events to take place.
Below are some of the specifics of the leagues.
1) Cost for the league is $450.00 for the 4 playing dates and the entry fee is due in-full prior to the initial play date. The dates and locations are:
Feb. 7th, 2010 at Mariner HS
Mar. 13th, 2010 at Highline CC
Apr 18th, 2010 at Mariner HS
May 16th, 2010 at Tacoma CC
Mar. 13th, 2010 at Highline CC
Apr 18th, 2010 at Tacoma CC
Feb. 14th, 2010 at Mariner HS
May 15th, 2010 at Mariner HS
2) Points will be accumulated based on a team's finish at the conclusion of each individual playing date. The winner of each play date will receive one premium (bonus) point. For example, if there are 14 teams in the league, the winner of a play date will receive 15 points, 2nd place gets 13, 3rd gets 12, etc.
Movement up and down in the league will be based on the finish for each playing date. On the first play date, all teams will have an opportunity to win that date. Following the first date, teams will be placed into “flights” and movement up and down between flights will be based on that day’s competition. The philosophy is to have teams play similar skilled opponents throughout the day.
3) Teams will be allowed to drop their lowest score out of the 4 play dates. This will allow some flexibility in the schedule. It will also allow for a poor performance on one date to not severely affect good performances on the other three. The final league standings will be based on the total points of your three highest finishes.
4) Since some teams may miss a play date it will be the PSR Tournament Director’s determination where they should be seeded in the subsequent play date. The main consideration will be to place teams where they will be most competitive.
NOTE – IT WILL BE ASSUMED THAT YOUR TEAM WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN EACH LEAGUE DATE UNLESS YOU INFORM US OTHERWISE. PLEASE CONTACT THE PSR ADULT COORDINATOR Bill Foote @ firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY IN AN EVENT. THIS IS VERY HELPFUL FOR PRE-EVENT PREPARATIONS.
5) Roster limitations have been placed so that a player may participate in the last play date ONLY if they have played with that team for at least 1 out of the first 3 play dates. This does not exclude new players from being added to your team for the first 3 play dates, it only limits adding a player for the 4th and final play date. If a team is not in the running for the top 3 spots in the league, and is in need of adding a player for the 4th date in order to be able to participate, they may petition the region to do so. Any such requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
YOUR TEAM WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING A CURRENT ROSTER, GENERATED BY THE USAV REGISTRATION WEB SITE, FOR EACH LEAGUE EVENT.
1st place – Reimbursed FULL paid entry to USAV Nationals = $900
2nd place – Reimbursed half paid entry to Nationals = $450
Note #1 - Teams not going to Nationals cannot be paid ‘cash’. Should a ‘top two’ finisher choose not to go to Nationals, prizes get ‘bumped down’ to the highest 2 finishing teams according to their finish.
Note #2 – Whether your team is planning on attending Nationals or not, the Power League Series still saves each team money in entry fees. Teams will be playing in 4 events for $50 less than if they entered each tournament individually. The Power Series is designed to host the most competitive play for each team’s level as well as support the Puget Sound Region presence at the National Tournament.
Note #3 – Teams not from the Puget Sound Region will be allowed to play in the Power Series Events but are NOT eligible to receive financial assistance towards Nationals no matter where they finish. Should a team from outside the PSR win one or more events, that team shall receive award shirts for each of the team members for each tournament won.